In December 2014, the team of DHM Design and AESI were selected by the City of Bozeman to design the Bozeman Pond Park Expansion Project. The original Bozeman Pond Park is an existing 16.5-acre community park owned by the State of Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks Department (FWP) and leased, operated, and maintained by the City of Bozeman. The park is in the city’s fastest growing quadrant (northwest). Existing amenities include: water and fishing access, picnic facilities, play areas, dog beach, restroom facilities, and a parking lot. The Bozeman Pond Park Expansion Project is located along the east edge of Fowler Avenue and east of Ravalli Street. Park improvements include a dog park, picnic and restroom facilities, a 4000-sf play area, accessible paved and gravel fines walking trails, landscaped areas, a 27-space parking lot, and a stormwater pond.
AESI led the engineering design elements including:
• Attending meetings with the City and stakeholders, Development Review Committee, and City Commission
• Submittal for stream/wetland permitting jurisdictional determinations
• Conducting boundary and topographic surveys
• Designing site grading, entry drive, parking lot, 600 LF water main extension, water and sewer services, stormwater facilities, and irrigation well
• Producing construction plans and specifications for civil infrastructure
• Assisting with construction administration